Login to Complete a Submission or to Access Reviewing Panel
The Manufacturing Engineering Division (MED) of ASME and the North American Manufacturing Research Institution of SME are pleased to co-sponsor the 2024 International Manufacturing Science & Engineering Conference (MSEC) and the 52nd North American Manufacturing Research Conference (NAMRC). The co-located conferences will be hosted by the University of Tennessee on June 17 - June 21, 2024, in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.
Proposals for technical symposia, including panel sessions, are being solicited for MSEC 2024. Proposals must fit the scope of one or more of MED’s 9 technical committees listed at the end of this document, along with the contact information of the committee chairs. Proposers are encouraged to reach out to the chair(s) of the relevant technical committee(s) with any questions about the fit of their proposal to the technical committee(s). In addition, preference will be given to proposals that:
- Propose a topic that has been well-received (e.g., high-quality submissions, multiple sessions) in recent MSEC symposia, and remains very relevant to the manufacturing community.
- Propose a topic that is very important and relevant but has not been adequately addressed in recent MSEC symposia.
- Encourage broad and robust participation through special activities, e.g., work to attract an internationally-recognized keynote speaker, organize a panel session of thought leaders on the proposed topic, or organize a special issue in an ASME journal to encourage journal publication on the topic.
- Involve at least one organizer who has experience in organizing prior MSEC symposia.
- Involve at least one organizer who does NOT have prior experience in organizing MSEC symposia, to help broaden participation.
- Involve a diverse group of organizers (e.g., include organizers from industry and government, or organizers from groups underrepresented in manufacturing, or organizers with international representation).